Profusion plc is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect and use your personal information, how we safeguard your information and your legal rights relating to the personal information we hold.
When do we collect your personal information?
When you give your information to us directly, either by registering on our website, by email, by talking to our sales team, giving us your business card or otherwise interacting with us.
What personal information do we collect?
- We hold contact information such as your name, email address, address, company name and details, and your position in the company.
- Transaction, billing and delivery information if you buy from or sell to us.
- Records of communications with us either directly or through our website.
- Information about how you use our website. For example, your IP address, operating system and products you search for.
- For those who subscribe to our newsletter or those we are permitted to contact by email, information about how you use our marketing.
- emails. For example, whether you have received it or opened it or clicked on any links.
How do we use your personal information?
To process the goods and services you buy from us or we buy from you, including any after sale correspondence about the products you have bought.
- To correspond with you about queries or complaints.
- To improve our websites and service to you.
- To send you marketing messages provided you have given your consent or we are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For the prevention of fraud or to protect ourselves from misuse of service.
- To notify users in the unlikely incident of a personal data breach (i.e. loss of data, or access by an unauthorised third party).
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations such as audit.
We rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Contractual relationship: We need to process information about you to perform a contract with you, or take steps before entering into a contract with you. For example to send you your order or process a payment.
- Consent: If we have your consent to use your personal information, for example if you consent to receive marketing information.
- Legitimate interests: It is in our legitimate interest to try to offer relevant products and a good customer experience; we use information about you to customize our website or marketing messages so that they are more interesting to you.
- Legal obligation: We may need to process your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, for example we will keep your email address where you unsubscribe to our marketing emails so that we do not send you emails in future as this is a requirement of Data Protection law.
Sharing your personal information
We need to share personal information with certain third parties to operate our business.
- Service providers: We provide personal information to third parties involved in the delivery process such as courier companies, and to third parties acting on our behalf such as companies providing email marketing management, business and statistical analysis, and accounting services. We may also share information with our legal and accounting providers.
- Government authorities: If deliveries are outside the UK we may need to share personal information such as contact details to customs authorities, to report fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit checking: We may share information with credit checking agencies.
- Related companies: We may share information with Profusion Hong Kong Ltd to provide a consistent service and fulfil orders.
- Suppliers: We may provide personal information to our suppliers to help them gain information about the products or services they provide.
Where do we store your information and for how long?
As we sometimes use third parties to process personal information, it is possible that personal information we collect from you is transferred to and stored in a location outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries where you have fewer legal rights in respect of your personal information. If your information is transferred outside the EEA we will, as required by applicable law, take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure the third party implements appropriate safeguards to your privacy and your rights are adequately protected. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
Unless still required in connection with the purpose for which it was collected or processed we will generally hold your personal data whilst we continue to trade with you or your organisation and thereafter to meet tax and warranty purposes. We may keep a record of correspondence with you for as long as it is necessary to defend a legal claim (for example if you make a complaint about a product). Where we no longer need to keep your information we will delete it or archive it.
Security and payment card Information
All your registration and ordering information is transmitted securely using SSL encryption. You can tell that the data is encrypted as the address in your browser's address bar changes to https:// and a green padlock symbol will appear beside it.
Profusion plc conforms to Payment Card Industry Legislation regarding the protection of cardholder's data and personal information. All payment card processing is managed by Global Payments, which has PCI DSS level 1 accreditation; the highest possible Payment Card Industry security standard.
Your rights and preferences
You can view and edit your personal information by logging into our website and accessing the My Account hub.
You can unsubscribe to our marketing emails by editing your preferences in My Account or by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link that is in all our marketing emails.
Under Data Protection law you have the right to access, correct, delete and request your personal data and we will comply with these requests in accordance with the law. Please note there are a number of limitations to these rights and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your requests.
How to contact us
To make an enquiry regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data please Contact Us.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner's Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement to reflect changes in the law or our data privacy practices. If we update this notice in a way that significantly changes how we use your personal information, we will bring these changes to your attention.
Issued: May 2018