Here at Profusion we have hundreds of regulators for sale, from three of the biggest manufacturers of power management devices: Sanken, New Japan Radio and UTC.
We have highlighted a handful of regulators that are both useful in audio applications and competitively priced, so you don’t need to spend hours finding the right ones to use.
Take a look at the following:
- P1690 -60V input, ideal for PoE and power amp aux supplies
- P1786 – 4V to 23V input 3A output, versatile low-cost regulator
- UD05104 -1A ultra small and highly efficient 0.6V to 5V output
- LD1117AGAD – 1A low noise, low cost LDO with 75dB ripple rejection
- MC34063 – 3V to 40V, step up, step down or inverting regulator
P1690 & P1786
The P1690 is a step-down DC/DC converter, operating at a fixed frequency of 150KHz and with a maximum supply voltage of 60V. It can drive a 0.4A load with high efficiency (85%), low ripple and excellent line and load regulation. It has built-in protection for over temperature, short circuit and open circuit. It is ideal for generating the logic and analogue rails directly from 48V supplies, Power-over-Ethernet or power amplifier rails.
The P1786 is a 3A step-down switching regulator offering low-ripple power, high efficiency, and excellent transient characteristics. It operates from an input voltage of between 4V and 23V, and can regulate from 0.8V to Vcc with 1% accuracy. An enable function, over current protect and short circuit protect function are built inside.
- Oscillation frequency: 300KHz typ.
- Soft-start, current limit, enable function
- Thermal shutdown function
- Built-in internal P-channel MOS
- The PWM control circuit can vary the duty ratio linearly from 100% down to 0%
This tiny regulator requires very little board space because it operates at 2.25MHz, therefore the inductor can be very small. The UD05104‘s maximum output is 1A, so this can be typically used for local regulation of DSP and other digital circuits from your 5V supply. It does so extremely efficiently, even with light loads, as it draws only 30µA quiescent current and just 0.1µA in standby.
- Cycle-by-cycle current limit protection
- Overload and thermal shutdown protection
- Short circuit protection
- Internal soft start
- 0.1µA shutdown current in standby
- 2.25MHz switching frequency
- ±2% feedback voltage accuracy
You’ll find that the UD05104 has similar performance to the LM2830XMF from TI, but at a fraction of the price.
LD1117A & MC34063
The UTC LD1117A is a low dropout, 3-terminal, positive voltage regulator designed to provide output current up to 1A. It has low output voltage noise of just 0.3mV and offers 75dB ripple rejection, making it ideal for sensitive audio circuits such as converters. It is very low cost and the drop out voltage is typically 1V.
The MC34063 is a step up, step down or inverting PWM regulator, ideal for generating the negative rail for audio circuits or battery charging. The input voltage is between 3V and 40V, and the output current is a maximum 1.5A with the internal switch or more with external transistors.
The switching frequency is from 100Hz to 100kHz and the efficiency is up to 88%. The MC34063 comes in a SOP8 package and will dissipate 625mW. The unfiltered ripple voltage is around 400mV reducing to 40mV with an optional filter.
Many more switching regulators, LDOs and power management circuits are available for specific applications such as USB charging, power factor correction and system SoC circuits.
Please call or email Profusion for samples, volume pricing or further details.